Signs You Might Have an Auto Electrical Issue
Here are some of the common signs that your car's electrical systems need a service:
- Growling or whining noise – usually a problem with your alternator belt
- Dimming or pulsating headlights – probably means your voltage regulator has gone awry
- Electrical items; lights, radio etc. are just not working – could be as simple as a blown fuse or a deeper problem
- Loud clicking noise when you turn the ignition key – typical of a problem with your starter motor
- No sound at all when you turn the key (and the car doesn't start) – your solenoid is probably the problem here. The solenoid is a coil of wire around two magnets that administers voltage from the battery to the starter motor
- Scent of burning rubber or hot wires – this can be the result of a problem with your alternator
Keep your eyes and ears peeled for these problems and you might
be able to catch the problems before they leave you stranded somewhere.
Mr Spanners have over 30 years experience fixing alternators, starter motors, wiring, fuses, radios, car alarms and more. ive us a call or book an Auto-Electrician online and we'll get your car fixed and back on the road in no time.
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:00AM to 5:00PM