Automotive Air Conditioning - Service, Repairs & Regas
Crawling along in peak hour traffic is never fun. It's even worse when the weather is particularly warm and your car's air conditioning isnt working.
You don't have to put up with it any longer. Mr Spanners are experienced Air Conditioning Technicians. We have 28 years experience in the Sumner area and we've seen pretty much every problem your aircon could have.
While some problems such as bad smells are likely to have specific causes, general problems with the temperature of the air not being very cold or the air conditioning not working at all could have several causes. To diagnose, we will perform a series of tests and inspections to isolate the faulty part or parts.
Our Qualified Air Con Service includes Free 65 Point Safety Check,12 Month Warranty on Parts & Labour.
Automotive Air Conditioning services we offer include:
- Air vent temperature check
- Condenser temperature check
- Suction line temperature check
- Adjustments of drive belt and pulley
- Check operation of valves and thermostats
- Leak test system lines and components with an electronic leak detector
- Inspection of hoses and components
- Cleaning condenser fins
- Deodorize and sanitize system
The key components of your car's air conditioning system are:
- Refrigerant - gas that condenses at a low temperature. It flows throw the system to cool the car. It needs to be topped up now and again and any leaks within the system will need to be fixed to preserve the refrigerant.
- Compressor - a pump driven by a 'drive belt' attached to the engine's crank shaft. The drive belt is frequently the cause of noises and problems with auto air conditioning
- Condenser - this element turns the refrigerant, a high pressure gas at this stage, into a high pressure liquid by cooling it
- Receiver dryer - removes any water that has entered the system.
- Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV) - senses refrigerant pressure and regulates its flow into the evaporator
- Evaporator - absorbs heat from the cabin which boils the refrigerant into a gas then passes that gas back to the compressor to be used again
- Evaporator coil - part of the evaporator that is cooled down by the refrigerant
- Fan - blows air over the evaporator coil, which cools it, then it's blown into the car. Problems with the fan could cause a rattling noise or lack of air flow
Our workshop is located in Sumner and we also serve many customers in the surrounding areas including; Jindalee, Sumner Park, Mt Ommaney, River Hills, Middle Park, Jamboree Heights, Oxley, Darra, Forest Lake, Richlands, Inala, Wacol, Carol Park, Durack, Galies, Goodna and Seventeen Mile Rocks.