Auto Electrical Repairs
We've all been in the situation where the car won't start but unfortunately it's not always as simple as a flat battery. Your car's electrical system has many parts and something's eventually going to go wrong.
Mr Spanners have 28 years experience fixing alternators, starter motors, wiring, fuses, radios, car alarms and more. Give us a call or book online and we'll get your car fixed and back on the road in no time.
Auto Electrical Services we offer include:
- fuel pumps
- trailer brakes
- burglar alarms
- air conditioning
- gauges and instruments
- turn indicators
- control circuits
- DC generators
- starter motors
- electronic fuel injection systems
- electric gear shift control systems
- lighting and ignition systems
Here are some of the common signs that your car's electrical systems need a service:
- Growling or whining noise – usually a problem with your alternator belt
- Dimming or pulsating headlights – probably means your voltage regulator has gone awry
- Electrical items; lights, radio etc. are just not working – could be as simple as a blown fuse or a deeper problem
- Loud clicking noise when you turn the ignition key – typical of a problem with your starter motor
- No sound at all when you turn the key (and the car doesn't start) – your solenoid is probably the problem here. The solenoid is a coil of wire around two magnets that administers voltage from the battery to the starter motor
- Scent of burning rubber or hot wires – this can be the result of a problem with your alternator
Keep your eyes and ears peeled for these problems and you might be able to catch the problems before they leave you stranded somewhere.
Our workshop is located in Sumner and we also serve many customers in the surrounding areas including; Jindalee, Sumner Park, Mt Ommaney, River Hills, Middle Park, Jamboree Heights, Oxley, Darra, Forest Lake, Richlands, Inala, Wacol, Carol Park, Durack, Galies, Goodna and Seventeen Mile Rocks.