The transaxle is made of the transmission and the differential. The transmission controls the power in the car and which gear the car is in. The differential controls at what speed the outer and inner wheels turn. When this system works well, you can turn on any terrain. When the drivetrain system fails, the gears squeal, there is smoke which comes out the exhaust and the car is not as responsive as it should be. Keep your car in great shape by making an appointment at Mr. Spanner’s Automotive today!
Why Work With Mr. Spanner’s Automotive
- Peace of Mind: All of the work performed by our team in Sumner is backed by the Repco Nationwide Guarantee.
- Great Mechanics: The drivetrain is complex. Our mechanics are kept up to date on the latest parts and services to get all the work done efficiently and get you back on the road in no time.
- Great Value: Our team works with great Brisbane vendors, as well as taking advantage of the Repco spare parts network, to bring you the best value.
What Is the Drivetrain
The drivetrain differs depending on whether it is a front wheel, rear wheel, all wheel or four wheel drive vehicle.
- In front wheel drive the transaxle is connected to the wheels and sends power through a constant velocity joint.
- In a rear wheel drive vehicle the drive shaft is connected with a universal joint to the rear wheels.
- In all wheel drive vehicles the system is similar to front wheel drive vehicles with an additional centre and rear differential. The power is sent to the front or rear tyres depending on the terrain.
Common Drivetrain Issues
The drivetrain runs at extremely high temperatures. In order to work properly the drivetrain depends on certain fluid. When the fluid is old it can become saturated and full of gunk. The thick fluid can cause several issues in the vehicle such as:
- Smoke coming from the exhaust
- A squealing when the gears are changing
- Lag time when changing gears
- Liquid leaking under the vehicle
Prevent these issues from becoming a big problem by making an appointment for drivetrain repair services at Mr. Spanner’s Automotive today!