Made up of gears, cylinders, clutches and valves the transmission in your car or truck is responsible for the flow of energy in the engine out to the wheels. With a properly functioning transmission the ride is smooth. Without a properly functioning transmission you may hear strange grinding sounds, smell strange things or see fluid under the car. To repair these issues and keep your car running smooth, make an appointment with Mr. Spanner's Automotive today!
Why Work With Mr. Spanner's Automotive
- Peace of Mind: As a Repco Authorised Service Centre we give our customers in Sumner peace of mind with the Repco Nationwide Guarantee.
- Excellent Mechanics: The service professionals at Mr. Spanner's Automotive are knowledgeable about the latest service innovations and parts with service bulletins and ongoing training seminars.
- Great Value: As a part of the Sumner neighbourhood we take pride in building vendor connections and bring the best deals to our clients.
Transmission Services from Mr. Spanner's Automotive Include:
- Automatic Transmission Services
- Manual Transmission Service
- Flywheel Replacement
- Planetary Gearset Replacement
- Hydraulic Cylinder Replacement
- Actuator Replacement
- Clutch Replacement
- Rubber Seal Replacement
- Synchroniser Timing
- Idle Gear Replacement
- Manual Valve Replacement
- Throttle Valve Replacement
- Vacuum Modulator Replacement
- Governor Tuning
- Parking Brake Repair
Common Transmission Symptoms and Causes
The transmission is a large part of your vehicle. Without this system you would not be able to go from first gear to fifth. You would not be able to control the spin on the tyres, except for the brakes. The transmission ensures a smooth ride. Being able to identify some transmission issues before they turn into big problems helps to keep you safe on the road. Some of the most common symptoms and causes include:
- The clutch may not engage from a full stop if there is a lack of hydraulic fluid.
- The transmission fluid may be running low or may be dirty causing a burning of the fluid.
- The gear teeth on the clutch may be broken if there are issues staying in or getting into gear.
- When the check engine light is on it may be from a vibration in the system.
To fix these issues and for routine maintenance contact Mr. Spanner's Automotive today!
Our workshop is located in Sumner and we also serve many customers in the surrounding areas including; Jindalee, Sumner Park, Mt Ommaney, River Hills, Middle Park, Jamboree Heights, Oxley, Darra, Forest Lake, Richlands, Inala, Wacol, Carol Park, Durack, Galies, Goodna and Seventeen Mile Rocks./p>
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:00AM to 5:00PM