When a tyre is punctured from a foreign object such as a nail, it can usually be repaired, although repairing a tyre is not quite as simple as you may think. A car tyre must always be checked thoroughly before it is repaired. A trained tyre technician will examine the tread depth, damage, ageing and the condition of previous repairs. A well conducted repair will enable the tyre to last for the rest of the tread life.
Why Work with Us?
- Quality Work: As a part of the Repco Authorised Service Centre network all of the work we perform is backed by the Repco Nationwide Guarantee.
- The Right Parts: Our mechanics have access to the vast Repco spare parts network which means we can find you the right part at the right price.
- The Best Team: Our mechanics are well versed in different makes and models. From a fleet of vehicles to a single family car, we are here for you.
Our Services include?
- Puncture Repair
- Tyre Replacement
- Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Balancing
- Basic Tyre Rotation & Pressure checks
Glossary of Tyre Terms
Understanding key tyre terms will help you maintain your tyres and keep them on the road for longer. Here is a short glossary of some important tyre terms.
- Tread: The ridged part of the tyre that helps to dispel water and also to provide grip as it comes into contact with the road
- Tyre Pressure: Measures the amount of air inside the tyre. The correct pressure for tyres can usually be found in the vehicle handbook or on a compliance plate on the inside of the drivers side door frame.
- Wheel Alignment: A process that ensures that the steering, suspension and wheels are correctly aligned in accordance with the manufacturers specification
- Aspect Ratio: An expression of a tyre’s height as a percentage of its section width. This figure is always located on the sidewall of the tyre
For a high quality Tyre Repair Service at a competitive price, contact us using the links below.
We are located at U3, 52 Jijaws Street and we service customers in Sumner and the surrounding areas.
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:00AM to 5:00PM
Our Sumner workshop will be closed from COB on Friday 22nd December 2017 and will open for trading as normal on Tuesday 2nd January 2018. Ensure you book in your car service well in advance!